Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pause: Run

A little break from my vacation adventures—this morning, with the insistence of my host dad (yes, my host parents tell me daily that I NEED to work out and run and go to the gym so I will be hungry for meals…like I don’t already work out enough for basketball…), I went for a run on Avenida Diagonal, one of the longest streets in Barcelona that passes near my house and extends through the majority of the city. I’m normally not the kind of person who just casually goes for a run, as I am a basketball player and normally work out by doing sprints in a gym, as basketball is more about short sprints than long slower runs. However, I LOVED my run this morning! Running through Barcelona is a great way to get to know the city. The Diagonal has a great running/biking path alongside the roadway where lots of people work out daily. When I left my house, it was a beautiful day-65 and sunny, perfect for running. Of course, about halfway through, it started to rain and even hail!! What the heck Spring in Barcelona. Despite the weather, I continued running, and actually enjoyed running in the rain. It was a great start to my Saturday. Later today I plan on going to a movie theater in Barceloneta that is showing the Great Gatsby (El Gran Gatsby)! Although I would love to try to understand the movie in Spanish, I’m hoping the theater has an English version, as I do not want to spoil Leonardo DiCaprio with a typical high-pitched Spanish voiceover…

No comments:

Post a Comment